Welcome

Welcome to my blog! Feel free to comment, but please sign your comments so I know who is stalking me. I appreciate the feedback. Also, visitors please beware that I'm generally pretty sarcastic; don't take anything on this blog too seriously!

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

2 Day Work Week

An idea I've been trying to pitch at work, mostly at lunch when I can get anyone to listen to my hunger induced ramblings. Today I pitched an idea that has been siting with me every Wednesday morning before work. I think it would be great if we had Wednesdays off, which would split the work week up into 2 mini 2-day work weeks. People at work said that they'd rather have Friday's off like a regular so long weekends.

This would revolutionalize the work culture and way we live our day to day lives. I proposed the idea that with a day off in the middle, you could recharge your battery and have a day to do all those bullshit errands you have to run on the weekend since you don't got time during the week because the boss is working you like a fucking doggg!!--- I mean... a day that would allow you to do all the shit you don't want to do on the weekend. Which leaves the weekend to relax or do whatever you want, stress free.

It would also provide the sense of accomplishment, since the weekend would coming be earlier. I think this would be a good idea to change the work culture stressing the "go go go" lifestyle. This would be similar to the siesta in Spain, minus you know...the sleeping... I'm sayin, It would lighten the workload and ease stress in general because Hey! you're working less! I know employers won't have it but maybe half the hours could be made up through out the week. I'll stay an hour longer if I know my day off is a day away. There could be an argument made on the type of implications it could be made on the socio-economic aspects of society. The retail businesses, restaurants and malls would have a substantial increase in revenue, while the corporate and manufacturing industry would suffer. There are many pro's an cons which should be discussed by the labour board and...the prime minister.

I really wish it was the weekend now.

I'm out!

Peace.

No comments: