Welcome

Welcome to my blog! Feel free to comment, but please sign your comments so I know who is stalking me. I appreciate the feedback. Also, visitors please beware that I'm generally pretty sarcastic; don't take anything on this blog too seriously!

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

In Colangelo We Trust

For the last 5 years us die-hard Raptors fans have been though the ups an downs, subject to teams full of underachieving players and lackluster management. Heart breaking loss after heart breaking loss. Until now...The basketball gods have rewarded us with the best GM in the league, and a team full of talent and potential. The Raps not only have made it to the playoffs with home court advantage, but have won the Atlantic Division for the first time.



I was saying from the beginning of the season after the 2-8 stint, that all this team needs is some time to gel an grow together, find out each others strengths and weaknesses. This process was rapidly sped up by the likes of Sam Mitchell, our head coach and our intelligent point guards who made sure to find out everyone's likes an dislikes of situations on where to get the ball. I was calling for his head earlier this season but have seen the improvement like calling timeouts and making substitutions at the appropriate times but also motivating the players to be the best they can be. This team has a lot of confidence and plays with alot of heart and the effort has been consistent. The home crowd finally has a team to be proud of, one that will scrap and claw til the buzzer goes.

We're even beginning to get recognition from the same NBA "experts" who said we would go 21-61. The good people at NBA Fanhouse, gave our team a couple of awards. Chris Bosh was awarded The Best Player We never get to see Award.

"And the winner of the prestigious CTNBAA: Chris Bosh. He's the best player on the best team that no one ever gets to see, which is doubly a crime since the Raps are so much fun to watch."

We also got the Best Uniform Colour Tweak. From NBA Fanhouse:

For the 2006-2007 season however, not that many teams opted to redefine their look when it's obvious
some kind of change was needed (*ahem* Minnesota and Washington *ahem*). One team brave enough to venture into the new uniform business were the Toronto Raptors. All they really did was eviscerate the ugliest color in sports: the purple (and maybe added a raptor claw here and there).

From True Hoop on ESPN:

As much as I love the current Raps team (in part because it is a TEAM), I can't help but think what type of damage the Raps could have made with an all-star CB4 playing alongside the NJN version of VC. I wonder if CB4 feels the same. Either way, I cannot wait for this series, and I cannot believe that the Raps playoff run starts this weekend.

You can read all about it here

I can't wait for the playoffs, I got my tickets for the first 2 games in Toronto. In closing, I'd like to thank the Toronto Raptors organization for such an amazing season. Thank you for revitilizing this franchise and bringing exciting ball back to Toronto. Mr Colangelo, when we shook hands I felt your divine power, In Colangelo We Trust.

Bring on the Nets!

I'm out.

peace!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GO RAPS GO!!

Unknown said...

I don't think we should have put the division banner up in the rafters. That should only be reserved for Championship banners. What do you think Tony?