Welcome

Welcome to my blog! Feel free to comment, but please sign your comments so I know who is stalking me. I appreciate the feedback. Also, visitors please beware that I'm generally pretty sarcastic; don't take anything on this blog too seriously!

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I Let My Watch Talk For Me

The evolution of cellular phones has been one of man's greatest technological achievements. From the 'totally rad' Zach Morris big block phones to phones that can worn. Thats right, this company from Australia has produced a mobile wrist watch, complete with BlueTooth headset.

The M500 Watch phone was made for spies, I mean mobile enthusiasts everywhere. The M500 is the size of a watch, complete with leather straps for attaching securely round your wrist. What it's lacking in size it's certainly not lacking in features, full sms functionality via the 1.5 inch touch screen, full blue tooth compatibility, Dial Up Networking, Games, Mp4 Player, 128 Mb Memory, USB connectivity for software uploads, downloads, 199 number memory storage, 40 embedded real tones, amongst other things.

From Engadget Mobile

SMS Technology claim this mobile has an impressive 80 hour standby with 200 minutes of talk-time, although whether the novelty of talking to your chums through your wrist would last 200 minutes is another matter.

From Gizmodo

Here come the cellphone watchs
with this $499 Dick Tracy-esque model from SMS Technology Australia being the second one we've seen this month. Called by its maker "the world's smallest wrist phone," My MobileWatch has an internal antenna, voice dialing and hooks up to Bluetooth, so imagine yourself wearing a tiny headset and just nonchalantly using your watch as a phone.

From what we could gather on the company's website, the MobileWatch is not quite ready to ship yet, but they're telling us to hurry because there will only be 30,000 watches available. Both of those little pieces of information make us slightly nervous. With its GSM functionality, the company says you can place an existing sim card into the unit, and then you'll be making phone calls from your wrist. Hey, it's just like Dick Tracy used to do, but better. His was just a two-way radio, with no Bluetooth!


More photos can be seen here.

It has all the features of a phone from 2005 but hey, it fits on your wrist. I like the one with the brown leather strap, it looks ballin'. All this bad boy needs is a camera an some way I can check my email, an then we good to go! Only thing is you might look crazy talking into your watch but hey that's never stopped you before.

"My watch saying hi shorty we can be friends" - 50 Cent

Now you can txt that too.


I'm out.

peace!

No comments: